no sound from sid

shaduz

I made the optimised psu and now everything seems ok but i have no sounds from the sid... when i use JSyinthLib i hear clicks when turning the pots or sending a "Play patch", but no sounds. Anyone has any ideas? What checks can i do?  :-\

I'm using a core v2 and a 8580 sid.

Everything works fine now, i checked the sid board with the interconnection_test and noticed that both the 74HC595 where dead.

Now it's time to build the control surface!  ;D

a couple of questions:

1- Is this PLED display ( http://www.elettroshop.it/files/prodotti/download/deltaopto/PDC1602M03.pdf  ) supposed to work with the core_module or it does need more driving strength?

It's HD44780 compatible and needs a supply current of 0.35(typical) to 0.60(max) mA. Do I need to make any improvement on the psu (I'm using the c64 optimised psu) in order to drive 4 core + 4 sid + full cs + PLED display?

2 - Is it possible to have mixed sid types in the chain (eg. 2x8580 + 2x6501) without modyfing the psu or the best noise-proof solution is to have a psu for each sid type?

thanks!

Shaduz

Great that it is finally working :)

I will answer both questions at the same time: the best PSU solution is the one which is documented in this schematic http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_4xsid_c64_psu_optimized.pdf - it's exactly the circuit that I'm using, and my MBSID is stuffed with 2x8580 and 2x6581 - the same like yours

This PSU should also be sufficient to power the PLED display

Best Regards, Thorsten.