Should I use the rectificator on other modules ?

dcreatorx

Hi.

Should (Must) :)

Ok. The PSU puts out +5VDC, right? You have read the schematics carefully and noticed, this goes to core J2? (remember the polarity)..

If plugging the core to PSU drags voltage lower, it could be a short somewhere in the core.

Bye, Moebius

(p.s. Do the core debugging without MBSID connected - and yeah, remember it still needs the regulator and that +14VDC from the optized PSU circuit)

Hm.... which voltages do you read exactly? I mean, sometimes people measure 13.9V, and then they think that this could be a problem... but it's just within the allowed tolerance.

If the core gets a voltage much lower than 5V if the SID module is connected as well (lets say 4V or even lower), then there must be a short circuit on the SID board. Check it visually, sometimes small solder clumbs can cause such an effect.

Remove also ALL ICs when doing such checks, thats very important!

First try to get the Core module running like described in the SID Walkthrough. Once it works, you know, that the problem cannot be located at there.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Ok Thorsen . . . now I have the right voltage at the core and sid module !!! I will debug the other SID module, I'm sure that it is the probem.

Now . . . can you tell me if the PC midi-port is the 16 pins yellow one ? Is it called gameport/midi as well ?

Thank you moeb and thorsen . . .  you're the best.  :)

EDIT : Could I buy a Gameport/MIDI to MIDI (DIN) cable ? That's the way you upload the SID app and the S.O to the PIC, right ?

You still the best  :D

Ok Thorsen . . . now I have the right voltage at the core and sid module !!! I will debug the other SID module, I'm sure that it is the probem.

Great!

Now . . . can you tell me if the PC midi-port is the 16 pins yellow one ? Is it called gameport/midi as well ?

Thank you moeb and thorsen . . .  you're the best.  :)

EDIT : Could I buy a Gameport/MIDI to MIDI (DIN) cable ? That's the way you upload the SID app and the S.O to the PIC, right ?

You still the best  :D

Yellow 15 pin D-connector sounds just like standard gameport/midi. Go ask for "a soundblaster midi cable" from your local computer store (and compare prices if you can! Some stores have a huge profit margin in these)

You'll need that midi connection for uploading MIOS and SID app to the core.

Thanx, Moebius