can't upload anything to the pic

adamwg

• 2 weeks later...

just finished moving house so its time to start tinkering with my midi box again.

But its dead!

MIOS is not receiving anything from the PIC anymore.  There is power to the core and a connections appear to fine. I have checked everything with a multimeter.

I checked for a feedback loop in MIOS there is'nt one.

Hi Adam,

maybe it makes sense to make this check in order to ensure, that the MIDI connection to the core is working:

mbhp_core_extract_io_loopback.gif

Use the virtual keyboard of MIOS Studio to send a Note event - it should be received back (Note added to In and Out monitor)

Results?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I got a new pic and everything was working fine. 

I started to connect up my modules. but there was a problem straight away. one of the pots was not working correctly. there was power to it but no output. if i turned the pot it sometimes reset the core. i disconnected the pot and tested it ,it was fine.

it seems there is a problem with the ain. strange as i have not touched any of the wiring  and all the pots worked fine before.

Before i had a chance to find the problem my new pic seems to have died exatly as the last one. I cannot find any short curcuits any where all voltages seem to be ok most of the time. i regulary check the supply voltage at several points. sometimes the core seems to drain alot of power (if i have 7 volts supply this normaly what i read at j1 of the core. sometimes will only be 4 or less). The regulator also seems to get very hot.

Can anyone please help me?

It could be, that you've connected the pot in the wrong way - this can cause a short, which resets the PIC, and normaly also damages the pot.

Could you please explain, which pot you are using exactly, and how it is connected?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

I bought them from votis.

the pot is wired correctly. its extactly the same as the other 30 connected to the ain, which all work fine. 

I'm going to order some more pic's. but in the mean time i'm going to check the core module and ain over.