newbie firmware and dout question

infest

Hi all!

I just started to build up my MB64 based on PIC18F. i browsed trough this forum and these things are still not clear to me:

1. the firmware:

my box will probably look like 32 pots, 32 buttons, 32 leds

i read it i s recommended to use MIOS. if i understand right i need to first program the bootstrap loader using a PIC programmator, and then the MIOS and an application using sysex midi upload tools, right?

what app would be best suited for this?

also it seems that ill have to ground all unconnected AIN , DIN and DOUT cables (missing pots, buttons, leds)

2. DOUT

the leds can be assigned to any button/event, i suppose the default state is button pressed:led on, depressed:led off?

my goal is to custom control the leds, eg. when pot#3 reaches state 127 led#12 lights up, or maybe toggle state leds.

is this possible using software configs provided here or does it require heavy interventions in the assembler code of the app?

thanx

Hi,

i read it i s recommended to use MIOS. if i understand right i need to first program the bootstrap loader using a PIC programmator, and then the MIOS and an application using sysex midi upload tools, right?

MIOS as well as the application can be uploaded with MIOS Studio, see also:

http://www.ucapps.de/mios_bootstrap_newbies.html

my goal is to custom control the leds, eg. when pot#3 reaches state 127 led#12 lights up, or maybe toggle state leds.

is this possible using software configs provided here or does it require heavy interventions in the assembler code of the app?

Thats not supported by default, you either have to do some changes in the assembly code (before you have to learn it...), or if you have some C skills, you could create a new C application from scratch, e.g. by reusing the ain64_din128_dout128_v2_0 app

Programming such functions under C is a piece of cake if you know the language...

Best Regards, Thorsten.

1. the firmware:

my box will probably look like 32 pots, 32 buttons, 32 leds

Right!

what app would be best suited for this?

MB64 if you use pots (like you described).

also it seems that ill have to ground all unconnected AIN , DIN and DOUT cables (missing pots, buttons, leds)

Only unused AIN inputs have to be clamped to ground.

DINs and DOUTs: nothing to do with unconnected pins.

the leds can be assigned to any button/event, i suppose the default state is button pressed:led on, depressed:led off?

depends on the button mode: On/Off, On Only, Toggle Mode

Toggeling is already implemented (for buttons). For pots you`ll have to implement the special features on your own. If you don`t want to use assembler, take a look at the ain64_din128_dout128 C example. It might be easier (Just a suggestion, I never used this)

Raphael

Many thanx for such a fast reply Thorsten & raphael!

Ill first try to run the midibox without dout, to make shure it works :)

thank god only AIN inputs have to be grounded. if everything passes well ill try to use my rusty c++ skills and try to make some fun with LEDs.

if i figure out the base app that is :D