meta event how

midiman

Hi, i have a problem in midibox 64

I need program a button for up/down bank action.i see the table of  http://www.ucapps.de/midibox/midibox64_sfb_table.txt  and I believe that the solution is FF 04 10 and FF 04 12. But, where I must change that part of code?.

I can do it with meta event?  like?  single they arrive at the value 7F, that happens?

I belive:    16!MetaEvt FF0410

Excuse for my bad english.

Thank

• 2 months later...

Hey;

For a streat theater act www.mechamicri.nl i’m building a small midicontroller for operating a micromodular. It has 2 pots and two buttons; pots for cc’s and buttons for selecting presets.

Everything works exept for the buttons; they should send program change up/down, which i think requires a Meta event. This is the piece i underestimated…

I’ve searched the forum and come up with some stuff, like the code in this topic (for old mbplus) but i still don’t understand..

http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php?topic=427.0

See if i at least get the basics right;

you can assign a meta event to a button (easiest way Vmidibox64), meta event number can be 0 to 127.

In my case i need to make 2 meta events (program change down and program change up): this is where i get lost….

Is the mb64_meta.inc file the only file that needs to be modified? (i don’t understand how things are done in this file, so i wouldn’t even be surprised if it were there allready ;) )

Some tips anyone? (or is this just way out of my league if i don’t understand allready?  :-\ )

Cheers, marcel

Hi Marcel,

in app_defnes.inc, you need to define a new variable, and you have to locate it to a free memory location. Now you are able to increment this variable within the meta handler, and to send the appr. program change command.

Especially the memory location is very error prone in assembler, it's easier in C. So, Why not programming this with the C wrapper? Examples for pot and button control are already available

Best Regards, Thorsten.

hey thorsten thanx,

but this is a bit too much for me right now, my understanding of the software here is scattered at the least, will look in to it later to see if i can start to understand the structure/connections of the code. 

for now (have to finish project before friday, got a performance then), i'll just make it with 4 buttons to choose the presets directly.

cheers, marcel

Hi Marcel,

I think the thing you're missing is that there is no prgram change up and program change down midi command... There's only Program change #, where # is the number of the program you want to change to. This means that sending program change is not just a matter of an up button that sends an up command and a down button that sends a down command - you have to have a variable in the application that saves the program number. The up and down buttons then change that number, and then send the number in a program change command.

Hope this helps!