Unused J5 (A.In) pins on core?

Jidis

The MIDImon is an exception, it uses the analog port as digital inputs. Here I prefer pull-ups to make it similar to the DIN module

Main intention of the AUAIMBCTG rule is to have "stable" values, and to prevent floating inputs...

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Thanks Thorsten!

The reason I was asking is, I built a really small hacked core layout, mainly for doing some MIDIMon/LED tweaks, but I set it up so that I could connect other things to it as well (just like a regular core). It will likely end up with the two switches on bankA 1&2 and all others pulled high, but I've got jumpers taking them all to the 5v line, so I can remove any, or all jumpers, and have access to the pins for whatever else.

If I were to do that, maybe with 2 or 3 pots, and had the app set for "no Mux chips", can I just use my jumpers on the last 5 or 6, or do I have to add some way to jump them to ground?

Thanks Again,

George

PS- Don't know that "AUAIMBCTG" one. I've got an idea of what it would mean, but not the exact words.  ???

If I were to do that, maybe with 2 or 3 pots, and had the app set for "no Mux chips", can I just use my jumpers on the last 5 or 6, or do I have to add some way to jump them to ground?

You will have to reconfigure the PIC. Take a closer look inside the PIC18F452 datasheet. This will need some programming knowledge form your side....

TIP: ADCON1 is used to selcect which pins of port A are used for digital I/O and which for analog in.

PS- Don't know that "AUAIMBCTG" one. I've got an idea of what it would mean, but not the exact words.

It's the filename of this:

http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/auaimbctc.pdf

I read it as "All Unused Analog Inputs Must Be Connected To Ground" ;)

Raphael,

Thanks!

I had forgotten about that PDF (hadn't seen it in a while). It does have one with 5 pots and 3 pulled low. I was just wondering if a "known state" could be high or low. I've got one of the core's going already, but I may swap a couple things around anyway, so I might go ahead and add some routes for individual grounds. I had a really easy means of pulling them up, with a dual row pinheader beside an 8 pin 10k resistor pack, so you could just pop off a few jumpers and stick a plug on whatever open ones you wanted.

The other sad part was that the BL +/- lines for the LCD were apparently reversed on my display from what they are in the MBHP LCD wiring PDF. That was the worst part of the layout. I already had all the lines routed and soldered. I've got a female jack for the removable LCD,  which was encased in some hot melt glue for extra strength. I had to cut out a section of glue and Dremel down into the traces at an angle. :'(

Got it all back up (with the light), but I'll probably do it again 'cause I'm mental. 8)

Take Care,

George