[blog] 4xSID photoblog

tatapoum

Why not to use a plate of acrylic like used for homebrew framing ? It's easily to found and cheap. You may put it between the LCD screen and the window. Glue it to avoid moves.

I don't like this idea because it leaves the window set a bit back from the flat face of the metal panel. Thus the idea for a stepped piece of acrylic. It just wouldn't look as professional.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the best way could be to ask to Schaeffer or some one similar engraver. Engrave a larger shape around the frame with the depth of the acrylic (lower than the front panel). Cut the acrylic according the shape.

Get inspiration on MOTU (828mkII) and Akai (S2800).

ludo

np : brian eno - apollo - atmospheres & soundtracks

I remember reading somewhere, perhaps the Shaeffer website about the choice of glue for glueing a window.  The gist is that you need to make sure the glue is appropriate and that there are glues specifically made for bonding acrylic to aluminum.  Offhand, I think plain old silicone would be best as long as you use a light coat along the edges and take care not to let it blob up anywhere.  But as always, test beforehand.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is a real nice blog....ill love it  :D  :D

i have one question.....in which sections are non-detended encoders....in which detended Encs better for handling ???

i think menue encs detended....rest Non-det. .... Right ??

Regards

MTE

Hi,

Will your LED matrix design fit into the originally designed frontpanel designed by TK?

It should. The diodes are on a 2/10" (5,08 mm) grid.

i have one question.....in which sections are non-detended encoders....in which detended Encs better for handling ???

i think menue encs detended....rest Non-det. .... Right ??

You're right.

ludo

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's a part of the challenge to know if an idea is good or not until the end.

I think I will order some black caps... My initial idea was to have something like EMS VCS3. I admit the result is far away to what I expected. But Fisher Price are nice toys.

I've ordered this button at a french online component shop, GoTronic.

Button are 0,95 euro and caps 0,15. These button are available from 15mm diameter to 45mm. The catalog page is here (only in french).

ludo