Midi box like digital console

Metallicer

Hi all!

I am interested in a midibox!

I would use it with sx3 because the implementation of midi is there better than in other cubase versions, and I got used to cubase!

I haven't used sx3 yet, but have several questions concerning the remote control:

1. If I have a midiboard with 8 channels (faders ... mute, solo, pan, gain, meterbridge) ... is there the opportunity to switch between channel 1-8; 9-16.... like it is in the digital consoles ???

2. is it possible to work with a "master channel section" ... that I just have one eq controller where I can choose the channel to edit ??? ( the same for fx sends ... )

2. b.: is this also possible for the vst plugins ??? ... can I have one dynamics section where I can choose which channels I want to edit???

many questions ...

mfg Hannes

1. If I have a midiboard with 8 channels (faders ... mute, solo, pan, gain, meterbridge) ... is there the opportunity to switch between channel 1-8; 9-16.... like it is in the digital consoles

... yes: "Bank" left or right

2. is it possible to work with a "master channel section" ... that I just have one eq controller where I can choose the channel to edit  ( the same for fx sends ... )

... I think it's over the "V-Pots" (see Mackie implementation)

2. b.: is this also possible for the vst plugins  ... can I have one dynamics section where I can choose which channels I want to edit???

... I think it's as well over the "V-Pots" (see Mackie implementation)

Greets, Roger

Looks like you and me are running the same firmware or something. ;)

http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php?topic=5188.msg32025#msg32025

I'm really into the single-control idea as well. Not only for plugs and processors, but for basic functions like volume/pan/solo/mute. If it were easy enough to bounce from one to the next, the controls or lights were being updated accordingly, and you had some visual feedback as to where you were, you almost wouldn't need all the channels.

We've only got two hands anyway (well at least I personally do). ;D

Take Care

George