MIDIbox of the Week (MBSEQ, MKS80 Controller, HD24 Remote by Rasmus)

TK.

Some of the old guys will remember him - Rasmus is one of the first users of MB64, and he is still not tired of building even more MIDIboxes :)

A MIDIbox SEQ V2 with 4 LED rows:

rasmus19.jpg

A MIDIbox64 based MKS80 Controller:

rasmus20.jpg

And this sweet little box is under development - a combined MIDImon and Clockbox (with MTC option), which will allow to control an Alesis HD24 remotely.

rasmus21.jpg

Cool stuff!

I had some some designs for little "baby" transport/mixer and track arming functions thrown together in thread a little while ago that remind me of that HD24 control. Don't guess I'll ever mess with them, if I can't even get my regular boxes done though. ;D

George

PS- If Rasmus is here: What are those knobs in the MB64 box picture (kind of fuzzy here)? I fell in love with the black plastic D-shaft knobs on the suck-a$$ Alesis 3630 a while back, and wanted them for something here, but Alesis would only sell me a handful. I did rip the ones off of one here, but would rather have more.

FWIW- From a side view, the 3630's are a "slightly curved" conventional trapezoid shape, but have a sort of "semi-gloss" texture with only a few, barely noticeable shallow grooves down the sides for grip. It's a hi-tech "plastic" look, rather than rubber. The top also isn't perfectly flat (a bit convex). I probably don't even want the indicator mark, so I might be just as well forming them from a fiberglass mold, but I have no idea how people go about getting the shaft-mount inside part formed.

? ????????? ?