Power question for Sid project.

Freaksomnia

Ok i new at this and i have a question before i begin, can i power a singel sid (6581) and a core on a 12 V wall-adapter. I've been reading different things about this?? and how do i connect a normal powersupply to bolth the modules there is no scematic for it or do i just connect them seperet from the input.

Are there people who power there singel 6581 Sid with a wall-adaptor. I would like to know before i begin, because it's mutch more easy to get a 12V suply than a 15 volt supply..

Thanks in advace

Freaksomnia

Ok i new at this and i have a question before i begin, can i power a singel sid (6581) and a core on a 12 V wall-adapter. I've been reading different things about this?? and how do i connect a normal powersupply to bolth the modules there is no scematic for it or do i just connect them seperet from the input.

Are there people who power there singel 6581 Sid with a wall-adaptor. I would like to know before i begin, because it's mutch more easy to get a 12V suply than a 15 volt supply..

Thanks in advace

Freaksomnia

Hi,

A 12v supply can work for the 6581 SID, but not for the Core, which needs 5v. There's enough info about this on www.uCApps.de, you could also look in my topic about the multi-voltage powersupply, it's in the Design Concepts board.

Good luck searching!

Cheers,  Alex.

Hi,

A 12v supply can work for the 6581 SID, but not for the Core, which needs 5v. There's enough info about this on www.uCApps.de, you could also look in my topic about the multi-voltage powersupply, it's in the Design Concepts board.

Good luck searching!

Cheers,  Alex.

Hi,

Good luck searching!

Cheers,  Alex.

OK i get that ( about the voltages) but the info page said that the core can function with an overpowerd source because of the low power consumtion, it said that thats possible because the 7805 doesn't get too hot. The site also said different things about the voltage for the sid, somewhere it said 15 V the other said 12 V so thats the source off my questions.

And Alex i can't find the topc on you multi-voltage powersupply mabey you can past the link.

Tanks for the answers guys

Geert