Keyboard matrix 5 octaves, velocity, only 12+11 wires. Need a help please!

QBAS

Tadaaaaa!!!!

Huuuuge thankyou to QBAS for doing this. Many have spoken of it, but QBAS has gone all the way. Thanks to Smash for hosting it too, very kind of you mate.

So without further ado, ladies and gentlemen, I bring you the link to the source code of a MIDIBox based velocity sensitive piano keyboard driver :D

http://www.avishowtech.com/mbhp/files/sm_16x16_vel.zip

• 7 months later...

Dear Thorsten Klose.

Thanks you and other people from this Forum the recycling old destroyed evolution keyboard is going up.

Keyboard work quite fine, without random note on problems.

The picture show it both with prototype of other controller (both powered by MIOS).

The link for latest code will be shortly here.

BIG thank you again! :-*

QBAS

DSCF5067.jpg

And here is a question: is anybody know how to get best calculations for other velocity curves?

I mean log, exp in assembler controllable by parameters. Something like this:

velocurves.jpg

I ask becouse it is hard to find curve by retyping in table with 256 places possible values 1 -127.

I know utility in din_velocity_unmuxed for perl, but it isn`t on the fly.

Of course I can make some tables and switch beetwen, but it hard to take best point.

I looked some hours before asking here, but nothing.

Can someone help? Big thanks

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

In the meantime I improved code (thanks kicks from SD ;)) and now we both use this with good result.

Not excellent result - since this code need polishing lockup table with predefined velocity values, and SounDuke report me that sometimes, when he play fast, his keyboard have missing note off message. :-\.

Polishing velocity response is easier, but now I cannot doing it (no free time).

Finding reason why SD take this hang up notes is harder for me - because I never experience this (probably I`m too slow on keyboard). In future we will try finish this project.

Right now it is in ugly asm code style. When I clear this for looking nicer then ... with a little help from my friends... we will try put it on the Wiki.

I personally use this code also with 88keys keyboard with good result.

If somebody is really interested into putting this code into his machine then I can help, but please consider that this is still not finished project.