Does this DIY sampler sound familiar?

mikeb

I recall a few years ago seeing a site with some pictures of some guys, possibly German or Russian, that had completed a DIY sampler. I believe it was 12bit, I vaguely recall the surface. I do think the site had either video or audio clips...I know that's pretty vague and that's pretty much all I remember about it. :P For some reason, I remember the URL being posted here. Does this ring a bell with anyone?

I don't know if you've ever heard of the LoFi loop junky that Zvex makes, but it's a pretty funky analogue sampler.

I made something pretty similar which uses a chip with longer record times if anyone's interested. (For the record, my design is in no way superior and should be more properly regarded as inspired by).

I don't know if you've ever heard of the LoFi loop junky that Zvex makes, but it's a pretty funky analogue sampler.

I made something pretty similar which uses a chip with longer record times if anyone's interested. (For the record, my design is in no way superior and should be more properly regarded as inspired by).

Yeah I had seen this before, http://www.zvex.com/junky.html That's not it, but that guy makes some cool stuff. I'm sure guys here would be interested in your design!

I'm really curious about the guys I mentioned. Their thing was pretty elaborate from what I recall.

Well, as I say it's not exactly finished, but all the info you need to build one is in this thread:

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=38521.0

Some of the links are broken but I think most of the good stuff is still in there.

I'm hoping to integrate the CMOS switching system in the near future into a second pcb which will also contain the oscillator to drive the LDR vibrato feature.