MR-9090 (drum sequencer) initial release

moebius

Hi.

I decided to post a notification as I saw Markos announcement on the Introspectiv (Yahoo group) - I have bumped in to this project few times before, but haven't been THAT interested before a working release.

He even hasn't borrowed the MB bootloader code (as the acidcode.de did).

And no "the Cult of Midibox" talk, please :) All DIY good DIY!

MIDIbox COULD do it - but hey, this freaking community has not Written and Released x0x style sequencer for the platform. *grin*

Moebius

He even hasn't borrowed the MB bootloader code (as the acidcode.de did).

And no "the Cult of Midibox" talk, please :) All DIY good DIY!

MIDIbox COULD do it - but hey, this freaking community has not Written and Released x0x style sequencer for the platform. *grin*

Hey bud, thanks for pointing it out! You're right, all DIY is good DIY! Pretty impressive effort to build from scratch, don't you think? And not even the bootloader...great stuff.

The x0x is coming I promise! I will be very surprised if it is not a 100% working prototype within 6 months. I won't build a full control surface until the vX is more advanced but the code will be there for a minimal surface and it will be ready for a full one if anyone wants an x0x.

Yes - Impressive. And I love to see that people still keep pushing DIY to the directions of their own interests and needs. Building from the scratch.

And in the "DIY markets" there definitely was room for acidcode.de 303 clone with sequencer (the sequencer part is still available to be build) and x0x style drum sequencer, even those are JUST "one trick ponies".

I'm hoping this diversity will keep people getting interested in Doing it by themselves. Maybe one day we will see some clever ideas even being "stolen" by equipment manufacturers.. I mean, How many times we have to stand commercial products with some simple failures in the design that makes them harder to use. "Average Joe" might happy reading the manual, but I'm not. There are only so many thing You'll actually have to learn, but simple things should be keeped simple and self explanatory. Right? ;)

I know You've got some hectic work and stuff Stryd - so I'll keep waiting 'till Your sequencer is ready. I had my ideas of stripped down MBSEQ for drums..

Whoops sorry for the rant.´ ;D

M