Dinx4 PCB layout

VilladonEnt

I may be incorrect (and please correct me if I am), but I don't think SmashTV publishes the eagle layouts for his boards. He usually makes a GIF image available on his website but not the corresponding eagle file.

You can always make the current DIN version from the file available on ucapps, but if you want Smash's version you're probably better off just buying the bare PCB from him and populating it yourself.

-drin

Thanks Guys

Wasn't sure if he did or not.  I bought (4) of the R2 versions a while back and I hated crimping (Could never get it right).  So I figured I'd use the new layout

and use the IDC connectors instead.  His store has been closed for some weeks now and I was just going to order again (can't beat his prices  ;)).  What I was

really planning out was to make a couple on a large clad and tie them all together. Maybe I'll just play around with the R2 version and incorporate the new dual

row headers somehow since I have a Din that is not soldered yet.  Hope he wouldn't mind.

Thanks again.

Villadon

What I was really planning out was to make a couple on a large clad and tie them all together. Maybe I'll just play around with the R2 version and incorporate the new dual row headers somehow since I have a Din that is not soldered yet.  Hope

he wouldn't mind.

I can't speak for Smash, but I suspect he won't have any objections (Tim? Is this where I get flamed? :)).

As a suggestion, it might be a good idea to document your rerouting and add it to the Wiki for others who decide to take R2 boards and put DIL headers on them instead of the current SIL. I'm pretty tired of soldering wires and shrinkwrap on them myself. :)

-drin