layouts eagle

Guest mferolla

Guest mferolla

hi folks I think that this is th emost stupid question ever asked in this forum , but i have no idea how to make the layout s of th pcb with eagle , I have the files, but what I need is only the routes..

Thankx

Marianop ;D

Guest mferolla

The thing is that i have a Mac so I need to export it like a image file and then take it to someone else to print, so what I need to do is export the file like a bmp, and the print it,,,

thanx men

The thing is that i have a Mac so I need to export it like a image file and then take it to someone else to print, so what I need to do is export the file like a bmp, and the print it,,,

I'm still not completely clear on your question, but the easiest way to get from Eagle layout to etched board using a Mac -to print- is to open the .brd file in Eagle on a PC (or with Virtual PC on the Mac), open the "cam processor" option in Eagle, select the layers/options you want, and export -from the cam processor- as an EPS document.  

Every decent page layout program on the Mac will open and print the EPS at the correct size.  So far for me importing the EPS into Pagemaker has produced the best quality prints on the Laserwriters.

Good luck!

SmashTV

The thing is that i have a Mac so I need to export it like a image file and then take it to someone else to print, so what I need to do is export the file like a bmp, and the print it

I'm on a Mac as well. I used Virtual PC 3 to run Eagle and then managed to export a bmp.

File > Export > Image will give you the Export options. Just set the dpi to something that matches your printer setup. (It should be big enough to get a decent resolution, ~900dpi)

The thing that took me a while to figure out was how to enable just the layers of the design that I wanted to include.

You do this in the View > Display/hide layer... menu

I think the only layers you need to enable are "Bottom" and "Pads".

If you want an EPS to print, you can export it with the

File > CAM Processor option.

Select EPS in the Output - Device.

Enable the layers you want (Bottom, Pads, Vias)

Then click "Process Job"

This will create an EPS file. I could import his into Freehand (although it only appeared as a box, I couldn't see the actual image) But when I printed it, it looked fine.

Hope this helps,

/Rob