Midi merging idea: is it possible?

SounDuke

Hi everyone, I was wondering if it is possible to change the channel# of midi events passing by the midibox. In other words, I own a keyboard which is not capable of channel splits, it is programmed to send note on/off on the whole range of the keyboard on only one of the 16 channels. Is it possible to change the channel byte of note on/off event sent out by the keyboard by sending that midi stream into a midibox with the applications currently available? That way I could achieve infinite channel splits on keyboard which are not equipped with this feature using the MB midi out. Thanks for the help

I'm fantasizing about a midi router with 32 ports (two for each of 16 channels).  I'm pretty sure those will all fit on the back of a 1U chassis.  What front panel controls would one want for a midi router?

I'm not sure if my finalized project will get a 2x40 LCD, a rotary encoder, 6 buttons and a lot of Rx/Tx LEDs, or just only 8 buttons, 8 LEDs and 5 Rx, 5 Tx LEDs

Most important feature for myself is, that I can quickly switch between different routings, and that I can change parameters of the routing (e.g. MIDI channel of a splitted keyboard zone or transpose value).

One thing on which this depends is the 1U case I already have, but for which I haven't found a solution yet to mount a LCD properly (mechanical problem).

Another point is, that I haven't found the time yet to continue with the USB routing, this will propably change the concept at all (e.g. more Rx/Tx LEDs, or just virtual nodes?)

Best Regards, Thorsten.,

If I will ever find the time to build a router, I'd customize it in need for a patch manager.

The router-project is ideal to observe incoming PRG-CH for each MIDI Line. By storing these values as a "super-patch", it would be possible to send out all stored PRG-CH with one touch :D

Best regards, Michael