MBFM + Analogue filters

Jaicen

I was just listening to TK's samples of his FM synth + CEM filters which I really like.

I was wondering if anybod'y actually built a standalone synth with integrated filter.

I'd like to build one with just an LCD display and patch select knobs, and some controls for the filter.

Does the firmware allow these dedicated controls without the LED Matrix etc..?

Yes, the matrix is only a supplement. You could even control the modulators without any control surface, if the core module is connected to a PC, and you are using the JSynthLib editor, or a program which allows you to send MIDI Controllers

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Thanks TK, that was pretty much the plan. I use JSynth to program my DX27, but it doesn't really sound all that good.

My idea is that all the programming will be done via PC, then saved to patches. Then when I want to play live, I can just use the LCD to change patches whilst still having realtime control over the filter Attack, decay, Env and cutoff. I think that's pretty much all I would need.

That's the approach I've taken with my MB SID - I have 7 dedicated encoders for changing whatever I determine to be important 'live' variables, and otherwise have to program via PC/ CS step A.  Pics soon as I'm about to paint it and get a new SID chip (mine's filter's busted)