Steinber ID Controller

elco

Puhh, Steinberg back in the Top10 of bad taste...

´Precision engineered and hand-built in Germany by a team of audio professionals`, there´s nothing more to say.

>380 backlit, framed buttons

>High resolution, 30 segment Meterbridge with 24 >channels and 8 master channels

>52 LCD displays with 378 characters in total

>14 7-segment displays

>1705 LEDs

never seen such such a stupid feature list for a midi sequencer controller, which it is supposed to be if i´m right.

The only impressing feature for me is the meterbridge, would be lucky to have this in my MBLCs...,ehmm,...Thorsten?! ;)

Axel

Hi Axel,

I think this was what the Nuendo Pro users were asking for and this is what Steinberg is giving them. It's a total controller - mixer surface, editor surface, vst plugins controller  ;).

If you're using either Cubase SX or Nuendo, you can have meter led display using an additional old MB16E together with the MBNG LC/MC emulation. Just use the generic remote setup together with the Mackie Control one. Assign both setups to the same midi out ports. Make sure the generic remote template is blank with no entries, and then enter the channel and controller nos you want to use for the meters and assign them to the relevent 8 channels meter assignments . Likewise in MB16e ini file enter the relevant cc nos . You can use all 16 bits to make a 16 led bargraph vu meter. It sure beats the Logic/Mackie controllers single led display.

Peace

Frank

Hi Dan,

it´s part of the LC midi implementation to drive a horizontol or vertical bargraph directly to the LCD. As far as i know it only has 6 segments, which would be enough for me anyway, but i´d like to have some ´real coloured`meters above the faders using some DOUTs.

So in order to get this working i assume Thorsten has to make another donation to us addicts... ;)

Axel

hay everyone

amazing flashing led bargraphs just the thing for live perfomances  :D

it looks like there using a 7 digit lcd to show track names for each chanel this is one function i would find very usefull again for live use (its embarissing muting the rong track infront of a live crowd) i understand T.K. has more than his hands full with the lc emulation and thank him once more for his hard work.......