VMidibox v1.01 F1 - F4 buttons

Guest vybe

Hi all

I'd like to assign CC numbers to the F1 -> F4 buttons, and this doesn't seem to work. I did find it is possible to 'disable navigation buttons' in the config, and then the buttons work but the menu buttons don't work anymore. So is there a possibility to keep using the menu buttons and at the same time reconfigure the F1 -> F4 buttons ?

Kind regards

vybe

Hi vybe,

I did find it is possible to 'disable navigation buttons' in the config, and then the buttons work but the menu buttons don't work anymore.

strange.

So is there a possibility to keep using the menu buttons and at the same time reconfigure the F1 -> F4 buttons ?

yes - with my MB64 I figured out that these F1 to F4 buttons act like normal buttons with the MB64 firmware 1.0x (they just have special funktions with the MB64SEQ firmware). You just have to configure the F1 to F4 buttons like all the other buttons of the MB64 via vMIDIBox64. Normaly the F1-button = button 17 (@ vMIDIBox64), the F2 button = button 18 and so on...

vmb64_4.gif

- Lemonhorse

hi Lemonhorse,

Thx for your reply.

I am using the MB64 with the 1.01 firmware. If I remember well I did try to configure the 17 to 20 buttons. I'll give it another shot tonight, and if it doesn't work I think I'll check the connections of those buttons ; and maybe connect them to another interface on the DIN module since I don't use the sequencer firmware.

I'll keep you posted !

vybe

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Thorsten & Lemonhorse

Sorry for my late reply but I simply havent had the time to check.

I did just now and indeed the 17 to 20 buttons seem to work. Strange since I thought I had checked them, must have been confused.

Thanks for helping me out !

vybe

• 2 months later...

Nearly the same question by me, but:

Built the MB64 so far (nearly done, pictures to come, TK). I will use the F1-F4 for bankswitching.

I also built in the 1-16 button (clearly) and the buttons 17-24.

How to assign those? Is there some diagram or so?

Can you also assign the ex/SS/left/right buttons?

No, in the PIC16F solution the menu buttons are not free assignable, only the MIOS based application will provide this feature (and it will allow to control the button functions also via MIDI for remote control :))

All other buttons are 100% free assignable, so a diagramm isn't really necessary. However, this schematic helps to locate the menu buttons:

http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_dinx4_32buttons.pdf

Best Regards, Thorsten.