LED map order (mk_syx stuff)?

Jidis

Hi again,

I'd like to coordinate the light/button arrangement in a MB64 app, and was wondering if it were possible somehow in the MB64.ini,etc.

The order of the LED's doesn't match up with the buttons I'm running. Is there any way to assign specific note values to the individual LED's, similar to what can be done in the [bUTTONS] section toward the end of that ini file?

I've got the [LED_MAP] set to link them to "MIDI Status received for Button ID #1-#8", which works, but the order's wrong. I've tried assigning them to an unused button group (#25-32 for instance), and then changing the note values in that part of the list to what I wanted, but it didn't seem to work. The box only has one SR each way (in and out), so the app prefs may have killed off that part of the list. (??)

Thanks!

George 

The order of the LED's doesn't match up with the buttons I'm running. Is there any way to assign specific note values to the individual LED's, similar to what can be done in the [bUTTONS] section toward the end of that ini file?

no, but you could just change the pinning at the DOUT module (connect the LEDs to the right pins)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Thanks Thorsten :)

Rewiring them is no big deal. I just figured doing something weird might be a good learning experience anyway.

I was going to look into that deal on mapping them to a higher (unused) button group anyway, to see why that didn't work later on. Been back to messing with shift keys again on a new box, and it looks like you talked to someone named Neomorph a couple years back about it, and he used a shift key to switch his button messages, by doing something similar (knocking them up by 3 or 4 shift registers). He only had 8 buttons, so I guess that means that the assignments for the subsequent button groups are still valid and available. I'll try to figure out why that didn't work here.

Thanks Again,

George

PS-- Looking back, I don't think I've made one board where the i/o pin order was correct. 8)

I double check the crap every time, and still end up with something screwy. Just finished a new test box yesterday, and the lights and buttons are fine, but three or four pots need to be jumped around. 

Ouch, yes :o :o

I'd check those six times before committing to any copper. ;)

With the lights set to link to a button bank's MIDI messages (like with mine) it still seems like you could assign them to an unused higher bank, and then assign those buttons the same values, but in the correct order to match the real bank. I've learned too many times now that it's easier to fix it from the start though.

George

PS- You'd probably also be really screwed if you were using the arrangement where the lights are tied directly to the buttons (not the incoming MIDI).