[eagle help] how do i get rid of light blue edge

carsten_the_dane

Outline ULP: This seems to just invert the image. Looks strange to me.

Device: script or HPGL? Width:?

Changed my pdf. it now shows bottom, pads and holes... Anything ells needed?

I havent uploaded it, because it looks wrong with the outline script.

Thanks for your help. I gotta go to work now, so i cant reply untill tomorrow.

Carsten

It looks like this has been explained but to further specify.  The light blue box is the ground plane of the bottom board.  Its not required but help save some FeCl (or whatever else you use) during the etching process. 

If you want to delete the ground plane, select delete and click the ground plane border.  This will create a triangle that you can again click on a line and the GP will dissappear.

Here is a process I use before I print to get optimal results as mentioned here as well when I print.

Turn off all the other layers.  In the upper left corner of the There is a button that has 3 colored squares overlapping it.  Click it and make sure only the following are selected:

* Bottom

* Pads

* Vias

* Document - i recommend changing the with to 10 so that it doesnt touch any traces, although in most cases its not necessary.

Then click the RATSNEST button (it looks like an X with dots).  This will show the ground plane.  If you dont have a ground plane and want one, click on the polygon, select the layer it is for (usually bottom or top) and set the isolate to around 24 or 32.  Then draw the box around the area you want to create a ground plane for. 

To view the top only, deselect bottom and select top.  Print with the options SOLID and BLACK selected.  You should print the top in reverse (mirror).

I going to suggest you use the PAD and VIAS layers.  They're quite necessary during soldering and the copper hole left after the etch will make it easier to drill.

BTW I dont agree with using pirated versions, but if you do have one you already figured out you cant use it to save or print.  Also, exporting to the clipboard gives you lines in your image; however, you can export the displayed layers to an image in 300 or 600 dpi just fine.  I admit I did use this for a time to get bigger boards done.  But now that I am a professional programmer, irony kicked in and I've gone legit. ;)

Good Luck  ;D

I never tried printing to a PDF from eagle.  I use deskPDF @ work and it ususally prints to scale.  Assuming I set the margins not to autofit. 

I'm buying large PCBs now so I export to image first and arrange all the patterns in Adobe Photoshop first so that I can maximize the number of prints per board.

The best way to test your board sizing is to print a copy and try to align something like a DIP socket in the holes before you etch.