how to put unmuxed ains with the scan matrix..

god aint i a noob..

could someone give me a hand how to get my 5 pots working with my c64 controller..

i got the scan matrix going.. and it is sending out notes.. but now i want my 5 pots to send

cc values which i can redirect in max/msp..

wow.. didnt know there was tutorial stuff on here.. cool!

in the meantime ive rumaged through the forum and found almost all of it.. except for PIN being the cc number..

im actually beginning to understand the system a tiny bit.. however my idea that this could be conquered in a week was a tad optimistic..

it'll probably take a month :P

thnx TK.. you rule.. as always!

however my idea that this could be conquered in a week was a tad optimistic..

it'll probably take a month :P

LOL tell me about it.... When I started designing the vX about 2 years ago, I thought it would take 1 year maximum... I still think it will take another 6 months to a year  ::) These days, I try not to jinx myself, and just avoid making any estimate at all ;)

found almost all of it.. except for PIN being the cc number..

Hi Wisefire,

it's most likely I don't tell you nothing new:

you can use any cc number by using an array, eg:

[TT]unsigned char pin_cc[5] = { 20, 21, 12, 7, 127 } [/TT]

- or if you just want other CCs than from 0 to 7 it might be easiest to choose CC's 20 to 27, by sending instead:

[TT]MIOS_MIDI_TxBufferPut( 20 + pin ); // send CC-number [/TT]

Cheers,

Michael

oh.. believe me.. you are telling me something new.. (except for the adding 20 to the pin.. i figured that much out..)

however why shouldnt i be able to set some type of global variable which ads to the pin numbers..

because i cant control the ccs of the individual pots?? also i dont quite see how i would be able to use any CC

remember im so incredibly new to this.. its not even funny anymore :P

It's fun to be new, you get to learn more stuff ;)

Have you seen the C Book? http://publications.gbdirect.co.uk/c_book/ That thing is awesome dude, really, I learned so much from that. Highly recommended. Have a look at the section about arrays, it will explain michael's comments beter than I could.

you can use any cc number by using an array, eg:

[TT]unsigned char pin_cc[5] = { 20, 21, 12, 7, 127 } [/TT]

The way that array works, is that you can have five different values, so the above would work like this:

pin_cc[1] = 20

pin_cc[2] = 21

pin_cc[3] = 12

pin_cc[4] = 7

pin_cc[5] = 127

So now you could use the 'pin' variable with the array like pin_cc[pin] to get the desired CC number for each pin.

I hope it makes some kind of sense :)

ah now i understand.. instead of making a lot of different variables.. you make a list of variables..

i have programmed in the past.. basic, ti-basic, html(:P), and ive had c++ and max/msp lessons on my college.

the c++ lessons where tailored to audio applications, so im not that noob to programming spirit.. also im not that bad at max/msp.. but syntax and actually doing something and finishing it in c++(or c) is another ball game.. so its always fun and VERY interesting to learn this stuff.. especially when you can create your own midicontroller..(come on how cool it that.. i now have a c64 controller, one of a kind.. with working lcd, 5 very smooth working pots, and 60 odd trigger keys..  plug it into ableton and you're cooking with gas!!..)

i now have so much more respect for TK (and i had a whole lot to begin with) building the programs that control the hardware that he designed.. AND building the structure behind it so i can easily program my own stuff!! WOW.. simply wow.. ill be donating soon.. ive wanted to do it for a while but now im totally convinced.. and with this seq3 and sid2 coming i think he'll need it and deserves it..