MIOS studio connectivity q: solid lines vs dashed lines?

Hi, LIST.

Question... I'm having some trouble getting my computer to see the CORE_R4.

I run MIOS studio with out a problem (excellent work, thank you for this wonderful tool!) , however,

I'm wondering why sometimes i have solid lines connecting devices, and sometimes dashed?

MIOSroutingdead1.jpg

My guess is that dashed lines represent connections that should be, and solid lines are connections that are actually working. Is this the case? I can't seem to get the solid line anymore.

I've tried several different devices as a USB->MIDI interface, and none of them seem to connect correctly.

Using an oscilloscope, I can verify that the CORE-R4 is definitly transmiting a chirp (upload reqeust) every two seconds. Here.....

BTW, if someone wants to add this capture to the WIKI for troubleshooting, that would be cool...

Core_request_MIDI-OUT.jpg

and, this isn't really needed here, but this is a capture of the clock...

again, if this can be added to the WIKI for troubleshooting, maybe it can help someone else...

CORE_Clock_verify.jpg

I've tried the Lexicon Omega interface, Tascam US122, and the Evolution UC-33e, all seem to be doing the same thing, not passing MIDI thru properly.

Advise?

Thanks a bunch,

Jason D

********UPDATE***************

Midi-OX can see the chirp!!

midiox_input_capture1.jpg

can MIDI-OX be used to upload the MIOS hex?

Hi Jason,

Yes, dashed lines represent connections that are mapped, but could not be connected (the MIDI port symbol should also be "greyed out"). This usually means that your MIDI interface is not multi-client capable and some other application has got the ports open. Are you running any other MIDI applications at the same time?

It also looks like you are running an older version of MIOS Studio, does running one of the newer versions make a difference?

- Adam

I will attempt tomorrow, thank you for the reply.

More data... the LCD (from SMASHTV) displays one row of all pixel's on, and the second row is blank. I attempted to upload MIOS update 1.9, and the MB64 main.hex, and no luck. I did see the data move through MIDI-OX, using the SYSEX to send it over. Also, don't know if this is important, but the IN and OUT monitor display the same data, looks like it is looping back to the puter.

Will try the new version tomorrow.

THX,

JD

*********UPDATE****************

Latest version of MIOS Studio seemed to do the trick!!

Here we are finally with a good connection. My advice to other UC-33e users is to connect BOTH In's.

MIOS_Studio_Connect_Success2.jpg

And here we are after transfering main.hex from the MIOS 1.9:

MIOS_Studio_uploadLooksGood1.jpg

NOW.....

LCD isn't displaying anything. Checked the pin connections, looks just fine.

It's a VK2220 from SmashTV, perhaps i need to put a driver in the OS, or somehow select it....

More to come!!

THANK YOU for the help!

JD

**********UPDATE***************

Everything is cool now.

I uploaded the MIOS 1.9 updater, and it worked.

Next I uploaded the MIOS for M64, and everything is finally normal.

Did not work when I uploaded M64 first, I had to do the update, and then M64.

I hope this documentation can help someone in the future.

THX,

JD