Which pic?

mjproc

Hi

I'm about to order parts to build midibox seq v2 + soundlab (two seperate units....)

My question is, which pic shoold I order?  I see that the seq V3 will use a "new" pic.  Will the V2 run on the new pic, or do I have to order the one recomended for V2 now, and buy a new when V3 is released?

Can I use midibox seq to trigger soundlab (http://www.musicfromouterspace.com/analogsynth/SOUNDLABMINISYNTH/soundlab.html) using my masterkeyboard?  I mean using a cv outs (analog out) board.  Or should I build a seperate midi to cv "box"?

This is a great community, helpful and a good tone of the users/administrators !!

Brgds

Ole P

Hi,

you can run MBSEQ V2 on the PIC18F4620 without recompiling the .hex file, only the bootloader and MIOS are different (precompiled .hex files are available for these variations within the MIOS update package)

Since I've overworked the controlling of "output ports" completely (AOUT is now handled as a seperate MIDI Out, and not like a Meta Event like before), it shouldn't be a problem to add a bypass option, which forwards incoming MIDI events of a certain channel directly to the CV and gates.

Best Regards, Thorsten.