LCD 2x16 or 4x16 ??

pay_c

Hi there!

For the first message I´m posting here just one remark:

DAMN IT!!! Thorsten, you made some DAMN good thing here! One of the *BEST* DIY Pages, which can be found on the Net!  :o :o

OK: Whats the point on 4x16 LCD-Displays? If I use one, are the bottom 2 lines clear or are they used (by the normal programm)?

If used: How?  ;)

If not used: Where can I find the firmware (the original, not the .hex file) to programm it myself?

Didn´t find anything ´bout this on the page.

Hi pay_c,

Whats the point on 4x16 LCD-Displays?

...the MidiBox64 supports 4x16 LCD's by the firmware ver. 1.0x (for the PIC16F877) - you just have to configure the MB64 via vMIDIBox64 (vMIDIBox64 is an editor/simulator for the MIDIBox64).

http://users.pandora.be/sdrsite/sites/serge/vmidibox/

...so you have direct information about the bankstick name and the MidiTimeClock (MTC).

lcd2x16b.jpg

...and there is TK's MIOS (MidiOS):

with MIOS everthing will be changed. All routines which are necessary to handle with the MBHP modules (pots, faders, motorfaders, rotary encoders, buttons, LEDs, LED rings, LED digits, LCDs, BankStick) are already available and accessible by a simple software interface. Therefore it will be possible for the users to add their own extensions to the application source code in order to customize the box. (TK)

...but I have no experience with MIOS (jet ;D).

greetings

- lemonhorse