Strange MIDI??

mattias

Hi all!

I have a problem, sort off! Midi out must be conected to get sound from the sid. And if i plug it out I have to restart my midibox sid? If I unplugg the audio cable same result. No audio no response to MIDI. I have to cores and powering the sid 5v from the second one. Think it might be a ground issue but I am not sure. The two cores are not connected in any way. Please help a guy out!

d00rs,

You need to be a little bit more specific so we can determine where your problem is.

the midi out does not need to be connected to produce sound

what are you powering your core and sid with?

Did you correctly upload MIOS and the SID app?

What does it say on your screen?

I have just solved it!! All I had to do was to connect a ground wire from core to core. It was a groundloop or something... when i had MIDI out conneted the core was grounded from my midi interface (I think). But now i do not need MIDI out connected and i can plug and replug audio. ??? The first core is not connected to the SID:s I plan to drive the LCD and the leds from it to spare the regulator. All the SID:s 5v will be driven by the second core. Thanks anyway for your quick responce!