inconsistant pot order

d2k

Hey...

Just dun wired 64 pots in a bigger box, not gettin any jitter or random values etc, but the order of the pots seems somewhat off - ie: 1, 2, 8, 6, 5 etc instead of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc...but the values of each pot are all good...

I've checked cabling to the AIN, and it's all in order - could it be a connection on the AIN itself or the wires connecting the pots?

Best

Dan

Hey...

Just dun wired 64 pots in a bigger box, not gettin any jitter or random values etc, but the order of the pots seems somewhat off - ie: 1, 2, 8, 6, 5 etc instead of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc...but the values of each pot are all good...

I've checked cabling to the AIN, and it's all in order - could it be a connection on the AIN itself or the wires connecting the pots?

Best

Dan

hmm, so the pot order is like this (for first 16):

Should be:

So, there's a strange pattern where say pot 8 is acting as pot 3, and pot 3 acting as 8. Pot 4 playing 6, and 6 playing 4...etc... this is how it's like for quite a few of the pots - where some seem to have swaped order with another pot, even tho the center pin of each pot which goes to the IC is soldered sequentially...

I'm using 1 J7 from an AIN for all 64pots (wired starlike)...

Does that narrow the prob down a 'lil?

hmm, so the pot order is like this (for first 16):

Should be:

So, there's a strange pattern where say pot 8 is acting as pot 3, and pot 3 acting as 8. Pot 4 playing 6, and 6 playing 4...etc... this is how it's like for quite a few of the pots - where some seem to have swaped order with another pot, even tho the center pin of each pot which goes to the IC is soldered sequentially...

I'm using 1 J7 from an AIN for all 64pots (wired starlike)...

Does that narrow the prob down a 'lil?

Hey Sly...

Thanks ;)

The case is from Hammond's 10 degree sloped range. I cutout the panel myself - yes all those lil piddly LED holes where drilled with a 2mm drillbit and filed out ;p - not that much fun at the time I can tell ya...

I first used that app from the schaffer site to get a template going and printed it of with all centers marked, then used a hole punch so the drill bit would have a guide and it'd all drill even. Then, and most crucially, filled out everything - using mini precision files for the holes that needed it - leds, buttons, fader slots - which was 1st done using a cutoff wheel and a dremel, went through a few wheels tho ;p...

To cover the odd stray drill/filing scratches I sprayed on a few coats of chrome, then a clear varnish. I did plan on using more decal (for the graphics), but i had a few probs with it all lining up on the panel - u need to get it dead right - as soon as u put it one the metal as it's v tricky to move it about without breaking it...

So, tools used:

Holepunch - or a sharp metal pointy ting and a hammer ;p

Powerdrill

Dremel (with various bits - i found the fibreglass cutof wheels best suited for the fader slots)

Reamer

Mini File

Regular flat file

Toughened fingers - ull get a few marks n scratches...;p

Best...

Dan

Hey Sly...

Thanks ;)

The case is from Hammond's 10 degree sloped range. I cutout the panel myself - yes all those lil piddly LED holes where drilled with a 2mm drillbit and filed out ;p - not that much fun at the time I can tell ya...

I first used that app from the schaffer site to get a template going and printed it of with all centers marked, then used a hole punch so the drill bit would have a guide and it'd all drill even. Then, and most crucially, filled out everything - using mini precision files for the holes that needed it - leds, buttons, fader slots - which was 1st done using a cutoff wheel and a dremel, went through a few wheels tho ;p...

To cover the odd stray drill/filing scratches I sprayed on a few coats of chrome, then a clear varnish. I did plan on using more decal (for the graphics), but i had a few probs with it all lining up on the panel - u need to get it dead right - as soon as u put it one the metal as it's v tricky to move it about without breaking it...

So, tools used:

Holepunch - or a sharp metal pointy ting and a hammer ;p

Powerdrill

Dremel (with various bits - i found the fibreglass cutof wheels best suited for the fader slots)

Reamer

Mini File

Regular flat file

Toughened fingers - ull get a few marks n scratches...;p

Best...

Dan