MIOS naming and assigning

LO

Hello

I was wondering if it was possible to edit a MIOS box using the virtual midibox software? When I turn a Knob at present it just reads AIN or DIN not really very descriptive!

I have a bankstick and am pretty sure that it was possible on MB64_16F versions to name a POT/Button so that when it was turned it displayed the name and value on the LCD

MIOS is very confusing at the moment! hope it gets easier ???

Cheers

LO

Hello

I was wondering if it was possible to edit a MIOS box using the virtual midibox software? When I turn a Knob at present it just reads AIN or DIN not really very descriptive!

I have a bankstick and am pretty sure that it was possible on MB64_16F versions to name a POT/Button so that when it was turned it displayed the name and value on the LCD

MIOS is very confusing at the moment! hope it gets easier ???

Cheers

LO

Hi Lo,

a port of all existing PIC16F firmwares to MIOS is planned, so that the configuration will be as easy as with the old firmwares. But it could take some weeks until I will find the time for this step

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi Lo,

a port of all existing PIC16F firmwares to MIOS is planned, so that the configuration will be as easy as with the old firmwares. But it could take some weeks until I will find the time for this step

Best Regards, Thorsten.

and am pretty sure that it was possible on MB64_16F versions to name a POT/Button so that when it was turned it displayed the name and value on the LCD

How's this implemented then? So, for instance, I could turn a knob and itd read 'pan', another could read 'send 1' etc...

Missed that one  ??? :o

best

Dan

and am pretty sure that it was possible on MB64_16F versions to name a POT/Button so that when it was turned it displayed the name and value on the LCD

How's this implemented then? So, for instance, I could turn a knob and itd read 'pan', another could read 'send 1' etc...

Missed that one  ??? :o

best

Dan

Yeah

as long as you have a bankstick and use the virtual midibox editor thingy, it was spose to work just as you say.

I never tried to set it up tho as the 18F came along & the MIOS now im struggling with that!

out

Yeah

as long as you have a bankstick and use the virtual midibox editor thingy, it was spose to work just as you say.

I never tried to set it up tho as the 18F came along & the MIOS now im struggling with that!

out

;D

Nice, just been doin it all via ini file/midi-ox till now...

My pots now have names! Great....!!

Cudnt find out how to name the buttons tho, is it only if they are set to Program change events naming is allowed?

Thanks again...

Dan

;D

Nice, just been doin it all via ini file/midi-ox till now...

My pots now have names! Great....!!

Cudnt find out how to name the buttons tho, is it only if they are set to Program change events naming is allowed?

Thanks again...

Dan

Hey TK...

ye, i assumed MIOS would do it (what can't it do is what i'd like to know :P), i guess the lcd issue i have could also be configured better under MIOS, however, to account for the extra 4 bars on the end of each line i just added a few dashes so the the 2 additional lines would show correctly ;)...

Besides, this MB64 is workin fantastic atm - just got it going on the com port too (only 1 midi i/o here :() and i dont wanna get my hands dirty with MIOS right now as I dont quite get the setting up of it all yet...as i understand it, apart from the applications u provide - users will haveta get they're hand dirty and write all those sep files for each module etc with the coding functions you've put together - looks daunting :(, but nice...;)...

Best

Dan