Sliders and illuminated buttons wanted

spyromus

Hi Guys!

I'm in the middle of my first MIDIBOX. The schematics and programming are finished and it's time to find the components. This is where I'm stuck. Here's the list of what I need, and maybe someone could help me with finding a store to buy all / any of these.

* Sliders / faders: Metal, mono, linear, 4.7-10k, 55-60mm, >30K moves

* Caps for sliders

* Push buttons: square 10-13mm, multi-colored (red, green, yellow, blue, or minimum 2 colors)

* Illuminated Push buttons: square 10-13mm, green, 5v LED

It looks like Bourns have nice sliders, but I can't find any stores. Any recommendations / comments are welcome.

I'm in Ukraine, but I normally get parcels from almost everywhere in the world. Preferably, it's Europe of course. Thence it shouldn't be a big deal if someone suggested a good store with something / all I need for the project. The only road block is that I can't use Paypal (it just doesn't work here), but I doubt any serious stores use it anyway.

So please shot me with the suggestions! It's greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Aleksey

You might want to look at www.reichelt.de, they have nearly everything you need for building any MIDIbox. Their prices are quite good, the only drawback is that they have a minimum order fee for orders from abroad that is around 150 Euros, I believe. But if you arder all components that you need from them, you might get as high as this anyway.

Regards, ilmenator

OK, we are getting somewhere!

Thanks for the link! Unfortunately I wasn't able to find sliders at all (scanned through every electronic components branch as I don't understand German), and they have very few buttons the specifications of which don't fit my requirements. I love German stores though. Most of the European stores I dealt with are German and they were always very responsive and ready to help. Will continue looking for the options. If you or someone else have other ideas, please share them with me.

Thanks!

Aleksey

• 2 weeks later...

Be VERY careful with this. I've been ripped off by newark on shipping :(

Yeah, in fact I requested it after they said there's not enough money on my CC to pay for the purchase. I used the shipping calculator on their site to learn what the cost may be for my country and put the exact amount on my shopping card, so that they aren't able to get more than I expect to spend. That saved my account. :) We'll see what they send...

This morning instead of the reply to my angry letter I've got the shipping confirmation, which is way better than the chain of explanations and finger-pointing. It looks like the CC number was correct as well as there was enough cash on account. They took the expected sum, and according to FedEx tracker, my package is in Indianapolis right now. Life is good again. :)

One strange thing. They promised 3 days delivery world-wide and FedEx says 3 weeks. I realize that 3 days is way too fast for the across-the-pond postage, but 3 weeks is even slower than the regular USPS. What's the meaning of the "priority package" term then? :)

hi

i am using rjs buttons and i wouldn t advice them.I use to push hard on them (eh beat repeat lover!) i had to change one already and another is on its way.They are quite nice buttons though and if you treat them gently they would last longer.I will go for home made next time.

simone

• 1 month later...