Ableton Midi Control Question

DavidBanner

Can anyone please tell me if there is a way to the following in Live 5 / 6:

While in the clips window I want to be able to assign a midi button to select the channel so I can view the waveform as it's playing (i.e. so i can see when a breakdown is coming up)

The way to do it using a mouse is to click the clip's box to the right hand side of the triangle that triggers the clip start.

I've tried mapping a midi button to the box, but when you use it ableton re-triggers the sample - which is a no no if you are in the middle of playing it live.

Yes, this is possible.

Just click on the midi map icon and select the box that contains the track name at the top. eg: [audio 1] [midi 2] [etc].

This way you can assign a button to select a track and if i'm right you can also use this to display the waveform.

btw. i'm using live 6, i don't remember if it also works with 5.

grtz,

Richard

NO, you are right. It also doesn't work in ableton 6. Ableton automaticly goes to the effects view.

when you use your cursor keys to move between clips and tracks.. the clipview stays on the waveform view. but I don't

think this helps you because you want to control it by using a controller key... but maybe there's some sort of workaround. any idea?

grtz

richard

cheers for the update!

there is a way to toggle the view - that's by using something like bome (spelling?) which maps midi commands to key strokes, so you can emulate the shift-tab. So that side is cool.

What I really need to know is does ableton 6 still re-trigger the clip when you select the "clip box" via midi?

but - very good call on using the arrow keys - I nearly forgot about those (slaps forehead)!

I can map those at a pinch...