Mibibox LC

antonybest

Hello guys,

I'm building a LC and I have a few questions, I am struggling abit when it comes to putting it together.

1.  I want 8 channels, each with mute, solo, and rec arm, so 24 buttons, plus I have 8 ALPS motorfaders, plus I want transport control, ff, rw, stop, play, record and bank left & right.  The ALPS need to be connected to the DINX4 correct? so I will have 39 inputs.  I have 2 x DINX4, do I need to use the other inputs on the DINX4 or can I just put a 10K resistor on them and leave them?

2.  As there is not as many functions as a normal LC project will MIOS and app be compatible with my project or will I have to program specifically for my project?  And if so how do I go about this because I haven't a clue about that sort of thing!!

Sorry if this all sounds like rubbish!!

Thanks

Antony Best

Hi,

1.  I want 8 channels, each with mute, solo, and rec arm, so 24 buttons, plus I have 8 ALPS motorfaders, plus I want transport control, ff, rw, stop, play, record and bank left & right.  The ALPS need to be connected to the DINX4 correct? so I will have 39 inputs.  I have 2 x DINX4, do I need to use the other inputs on the DINX4 or can I just put a 10K resistor on them and leave them?

As mentioned before, you'll need a MF Module for the motorfaders.

The Touchsensors of the motorfaders are also connected to a din (but you have to change the resistors for them !!)

If I get you right, you don't want select buttons and encoders ?

If you want status leds (a must for the transport buttons ... I think) you'll also need some DOUTs.

2.  As there is not as many functions as a normal LC project will MIOS and app be compatible with my project or will I have to program specifically for my project?  And if so how do I go about this because I haven't a clue about that sort of thing!!

MIOS will be full compatible ... if you use the mackie-emulation. Which host do you want to control with LC? (Thats a important question for answering the compatibilty...!)

For your setup you'll have to change the mapping a little bit but thats really no problem. I (or somebody else) can help you with that if your baby is alive.

Sorry forgot to mention that, on the ALPS there is a touchsensitive function which as well as being connected to MF is connected to DINX4 also.

The Touchsensors are connected to a seperate DINx register

The Motorfaders are connected to the MF Module

The MF-Module ist connected to the core.

greets

Doc