Searched but cannot find

napierzaza

I am interested in the SID and the SEQ. Considering both appear to be in transition I am willing to wait. However it appears as if the Seq is rather far along (beta?). Does this mean that I might be able to at least construct the hardware before the software is completed or is it not in final yet? I'd like to get started on it but don't know if any parts I try and get are too old or not.

i'm also building a seq and i had the same concern, but i think you can always upgrade the software and pic later on.  you need 3 din modules, a dout module, and a core.  i think along with new software and pic, you'll also need an additional module for v3.  to me, it wasn't worth waiting until it's final because a lot of it is the same and i want the thing asap :).  you can also add the led matrix later on as well.  someone please correct me if i'm wrong, but this is my understanding of v2-v3.  i highly doubt that everybody who built a v2 seq is going to have to rebuild it with all new hardware if they want v3.

I'm not about to assume that and have to order stuff a second time, especially if I have to trash a PIC. This may seem like a cheap sequencer for you guys, but it's still expensive enough.

Also, what do you need a max525 for? I've been looking around and haven't found it on a parts list yet, but I assume it doesn't come with any kit as people are getting it as a sample?

Hello Napierzaza,

The best you can do to get information on that new PIC stuff is to read that page: http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=mios_pic18f4620.

For the worry on changes in the hardware, take a look at this one: http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_seq_v3_wishlist.html

I'm currently working (awfully slowly though) on the SEQ and I've ordered the stuff based on the current DIN/DOUT/Bankstick/Core part list with the exception of the PIC where I'll directly take the new one. "Old" applications can run on the new one so there's no problem there.

One thing to add, as mentioned in the PIC18f4620 page,  is the IIC MIDI module (http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp_iic_midi.html) as the new PIC has a bug in the EUSART; you can find lots of discussion on the forum on this issue.

If you browse the forum about the SEQ v3, you'll also see possibilities/suggestions of adding extra buttons and a BPM display I think.

Best regards,

Lall