Sebastian's MB64

sarnold

Hi all Midiboxers,

before finishing my small&shiny MIDI-Router I want to present my work of the last two years. This MB64 is my first and I used it to try out the many possibilites. It has a transport-section, 6x5 pots, four footswitches, a crappy joystick, bankstick, jogshuttle (which is not connected...) some more buttons and an included MIDI-Merger. The case can be closed to create some holiday feeling.

midibox01.jpg

midibox02.jpg

midibox03.jpg

Currently I'm using it to control Freewheeling under linux, a live looping instrument on the laptop, together with a MIDI-Drumkit and some other instruments (keys, electric bass). Yeah, makin' music, that's all about!

midibox04.jpg

I hope it's ok to point you to http://www.myspace.com/sebastianarnold if you want to listen to some music of mine - but that's not yet the live-setup, i'm still practising to manage all these instruments simultaneously ;)

In the next weeks I will finish a MIDI-Router, which is intended to send tone scales with the e-drum and/or make the pad/sampler communication on my acoustic drumset much simpler. And a LC for controlling Ardour DAW ist also planned, but I didn't start with it yet.

Cheers, Sebastian

Hey Sebastian, nice box. What are all those connectors for? Footswitch? I recognise only MIDI and bankstick.  :) Where did you get those LED buttons under the LCD?

The rounded case is the best of all! Good selection. Pretty retro. ;)  I wanted to scavange my old broken Tesla magnetophone for similar rounded case.

238271145_9b7e168ee3_m.jpg

• 3 weeks later...