Connecting Multiple midio128 cores.

fh

I am converting a three manaual organ to midi  I will need one core and four DINs for two of the manuals and another core and four DINs for the third manual, pedals and other controls.

If I daisy chain the core modules and use one midi out and on midi in connection to a PC, will I have 16 chanes or 32 Channels?  I know each core has to have a unique ID but I'm not sure what this does to the number of channels.

Is it better to use the midi in and midi out from each core module or to daisy chain the core modules and use midimerger?

If I daisy chain the core modules and use one midi out and on midi in connection to a PC, will I have 16 chanes or 32 Channels?

... 1 MIDI Port = 16Ch

Is it better to use the midi in and midi out from each core module or to daisy chain the core modules and use midimerger?

... depends on what the amount of data is and how critical timing is. Since playing an organ is timing critical, I would choose not to merge.

It also depends on about you can implement or play from 4 different ports in your application... I'm not a synth expert.

Greets, Roger