usb host interface

wonder

um.. what do you mean with "use it with core easily"?

It's a USB-Flash-Drive Interface and MIOS does not support Mass Storage Devices.

What do you want to do with it? And why not using Banksticks?

There are some topics around here discussion Mass Storage Devices, you could do a forum search.

Regards,

Michael

The hardware interface can be SPI, so that wouldn't be a problem. The difficulty, as audiocommander points out, is that you would have to implement a file system for MIOS. Most USB sticks use FAT which is strictly a non-trivial task, and would probably eat up more of the core memory space than your applications. Remember, down here in the  real time controller world, 64K is a lot. In the PC world, it's buffer/scratch space.

The FTDI stuff is good - one of the best DIY USB <-> DMX units uses one of their modules.

I think we're talking horses for courses here - if you need to archive that much data then you do need a PC. If you're gigging, then how about building yourself a rackmount  machine with an LCD screen, or recycling an old laptop?

Best wishes

Mike

hello

whats the diy usb-dmx interface you mention prof

kris

There are two I have worked with - shown here. If you don't fancy the soldering, the Entec bare board kit is very good. Their pro versions provide isolation between the controller and the DMX, which is a useful safety feature sometimes. There is  quite a lot of open source lighting control stuff out there too, though I'll leave you and that nice Mr Google to find it.

One of my early reasons for looking at MIDIbox was to do a lighting desk to interface to a PC based DMX controller, though the reason for that isn't pressing now, so I'm more concerned with the music side at the moment.

http://www.usbdmx.com/usb_dmx_interface.html

http://www.enttec.com/index.php?main_menu=Products&prod=70303&show=description&name=opendmxusb

Hope this helps.

Mike

yea prof

that really helps as im helping a friend get a dmx rig together at the moment

i can see its going to lead to a midi-box control surface as well (eventually)

i all ways prefer learning from someones personal experience of equipment software etc 

thanks for the input

kris