SID Noize ???

Freaksomnia

Ok i was building a midibox sid just one with the older model chip.

Now i am using this scematic, the sid is working with the sidplayer on it but there is so mutch noize on the 50 Hz its unbeliveble there is almost no sound and a lot of noize but the osc seem to work.

I cant find this scematic anywhere anymore mabey it is wrong????? ???

I thought to have made all the proper ground connections ?

Thanks Guys

The pdf of the scematic used is attached with this message.

mbhp_sid_c64_psu.pdf

Ok mabeyyou all need some extra information........

The sid was powered by 2 wallwarts but then i had a very nasty noize a loww buzz in the output, i thought it could be the psu's, i optimised to the C64 psu sceme and now it still has it, is it possible that i have a ground loop somewhere......

Mabey i can post a soundsample later.....

so mutch noize on the 50 Hz its unbeliveble

Follow Wilba's advice, and get a power conditioner instead of feeding junk power to your valuable equipment :) Some 50Hz hum is normal but it shouldn't be that bad... There might be a ground loop there too.

Ok thanks i will try that but how do i ground the input?  it is not connected.....

and what is a power conditioner? and junk power ?

ok i do have an idear, it seems that the noise floor is not that high but it seemd that the sound level is just very very low ?

Anyone seen this before ?

Ok thanks i will try that but how do i ground the input?  it is not connected.....

grounding the input means you have to short the input to ground (= 0V). A non connected input is causing noise (simplified spoken it is floating). So please short the Pins J4 of the SID module and it is grounded.

greets

Doc