4xD Quad Flanging Delay

stryd_one

Hey, that's an impressive beast!!  :o

Some of the sound samples remind me a bit of the atmosphere in the Zoolook album from Jean-Michel Jarre.

I think I'll pay a listen to that album again one of these days...

.5ms shouldn't be too bad, but moogah would know :)

http://www.burnit.co.uk/sdiy/index.php?page=4xd&subpage=kits for kit pricing. I can't guarantee the pricing of course, it's up to the creator if he even makes them

Is there some kind of community online, for people who DIY digital synths and FX like this and miss parker and shifty's death synth etc?

Is there some kind of community online, for people who DIY digital synths and FX like this and miss parker and shifty's death synth etc?

If there is, be sure to let me know :)

I believe most of them just hang out on SDIY, but the lion's share there is analog.

Also, I don't even have my 4xD assembled yet.. but I know for a fact I would use two if I had them.  MMMMMMMMM Spacialization!

yeah seb's stuff seems nice.  i'm almost done building his box-o-trix.  i e-mailed him on this one and he said he wasn't interested in making more pcbs and pre-programmed pics, but he suggested the sdiy mailing list and i found somebody willing to sell.  perhaps if he doesn't want to make more 4xd pcbs, you can try to do the same.  you can sign up for sdiy at http://www.euronet.nl/~rja/Emusic/Synth-diy/.  the people in this community really know their stuff and are always willing to help.

drew

edit: to clarify, my e-mail to him was regarding the box-o-trix, i never inquired about the 4xd.

one more thing on this: the source code and pcb files are available at seb's site.  if we could possibly organize, maybe a bunch of us could go in on getting it done?  of course, we'd first say to seb "there's x many users who want it for sure", and if he declines, i know he wouldn't have a problem with us doing it ourselves.  you can count me in if anybody wants to do this.

drew