a lot of troubles

etko

HI!!

I try to build MIDI controller based on MBHP. I made core(1) AIN(1) and DIN(1), and i burned firmwere Mbox64......

I have a couple of questions:

I made two test about MIDI in and MIDI out on my MIDI box but i did it trough the J11 port since this tests faild with MIDI ins and outs. Test are succsesfuly done (trough J11), what is the problem then?? With led diode on my MIDI out (on midi box) trhere is no flickering, only week light (constant).

Then i burned regular firmver for MB64 and i tried tu test AIN modul. I conected only one Pot on first pin of J1 port, and other i clamped to the ground . Its nothing hapen then , in reason2.5(ProppellerHeads) i dont have any MIDI activities, and in MidiOX nothing too since i activate Keybord input!! Then i get a lot of random information!!! Is it necessery to conect at least 8 pots (to use one 4051) to succsesfuly pas the tests.

I tryed to send SysEx with VmidiBox64. I opened SysEX (Mixer for Reason ) send it to MIDIbox, then recive it and saved to disk. But when i compare this to files (before and after sending) there is the difrence beetween them. They are the same size but difrent content. Only is the same first ten lines of hex (and word "Mixer") but after that i think that bank is empty. VMbox 64 sayz that MBox 64 is detected. Is it a PIC problem. With JDM and IC-prog there is no problems????

regards!!!

Hi etko!

I made core(1) AIN(1) and DIN(1), and i burned firmwere Mbox64......

...the MB64 normally need two AIN-Modules = 64 pots

[have a look @ "mbhp_ainx4_64pots.pdf" How to connect 64 pots to the MIDIbox64 with 2 * DINX4].

on my MIDI out (on midi box) trhere is no flickering, only week light (constant).

LTC-Module -> Midi in/out LED's:

(just a guess) the LCT-Module need to have a 74HC00!  In my case it didn't worked with a normal TTL 7400.

- Lemonhorse

thanx poeple!!

But this not solving my problem. I try to figured out whats part in my MBHP making troubles. i made some new tests on my MB.

I disconected Ain from the Core, PIC is in it , and i turned it on. PIC is with MBox64 firmwere ( test with RX and RXTX firmweres are succsesfuly done via J11 port conected to the gameport). With this situation i've got a lot of random information in MidiOX. I tested the core with LED diode on Pin 1 and Pin 3 on J11, and i've got flickering???

Can anyone tell mi where i search for problems on my core??? Is it PIC problem???

And a litel bit of tests. VirtualMB64 recognizing my Mbox, But when i send sysex to MB and then recive it again they not the same anymore?? Is it a normal Behavior???

Here is the hex befor sending:

&#1088;  ~C?' ?( ?) ?* ?+ ?, ?- ?. ?/ ?0 ?1 ?2 ?3 ?4 ?t > ?5 ?6 ?7 ?8 ?9 ?: ?; ?< ?= ?> ?? ?A ?B ?C ?u >

? ? ? ? ? ? < ? ? ?! ?# ?$ ?% ?& ?v > ? ?       ?

? ?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?w ? \NJHP!\#\$J&N(L)>+@-L/JHVTB 0P 0Q 0R 0S ? ? ? ?                                                                      G             Mixer                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 bAux1/1         bAux1/2         bAux1/3         bAux1/4         bAux1/5         bAux1/6         bAux1/7         bAux1/8         bAux1/9         bAux1/10        bAux1/11        bAux1/12        bAux1/13        bAux1/14        bReturn 1       bCC#12 chn15    bAux2/1         bAux2/2         bAux2/3         bAux2/4         bAux2/5         bAux2/6         bAux2/7         bAux2/8         bAux2/9         bAux2/10        bAux2/11        bAux2/12        bAux2/13        bAux2/14        bReturn 2       bCC#13 chn15    bPan 1          bPan 2          bPan 3          bPan 4          bPan 5          bPan 6          bPan 7          bPan 8          bPan 9          bPan 10         bPan 11         bPan 12         bPan 13         bPan 14         bReturn 3       bCC#14 chn15    bVolum. 1       bVolum. 2       bVolum. 3       bVolum. 4       bVolum. 5       bVolum. 6       bVolum. 7       bVolum. 8       bVolum. 9       bVolum. 10      bVolum. 11      bVolum. 12      bVolum. 13      bVolum. 14      bReturn 4       bMASTER volum.  &#1095;

and here after reciving:

&#1088;  ~C?' ?( ?) ?* ?+ ?, ?- ?. ?/ ?0 ?1 ?2 ?3 ?4 ?t > ?5 ?6 ?7 ?8 ?9 ?: ?; ?< ?= ?> ?? ?A ?B ?C ?u >

? ? ? ? ? ? < ? ? ?! ?# ?$ ?% ?& ?v > ? ?       ?

? ?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?w ? \NJHP!\#\$J&N(L)>+@-L/JHVTB 0P 0Q 0R 0S ? ? ? ?                                                                      G             Mixer                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 &#1095;

I've noticed that after word mixer after reciving everything is empty??????

I think that with this information somone culd help me???

Hi Etko,

the firmware will send a lot of random MIDI events when some inputs are open. See also the FAQ under "What is the minimal configuration for MIDIbox64". Under these circumstances the box won't work correctly.

Rule-of-thumb: Every open analog input has to be connected to ground, every open digital input has to be connected via a 10k resistor to +5V

Best Regards, Thorsten.