Monster SID

Jack

Hello d2k!

It the same! But not earlier. It was for a prototyp from a C65.

Picture of the developer:

smallchipnme.jpg

@Monster SID Specs:

- Classic SID Emulation (including address mirroring)

- Monster SID Mode

- 16 stereo SID voices (1-8 left, 9-16 right)

- Sync and Ring Modulation and filtering on all voices

- Extra voices mapped in order after the first three

- DMA audio

- 8 Stereo voices (4 left, 4 right)

- 64k internal sound memory (sound or instruments) as well as access to main CPU memory for playing DMA clips

- Variable sample playback rate

- Audio resolution of 8 bits

- DMA segment playback can be either continuous (loop) or one-shot (note/segment)

- two sockets for classic SID chips, Monster SID audio can be routed through their analog filters (prpared for more analog audio routing)

But which Chip ist the MonsterSID?

wfg

Jack

• 2 years later...

i remember reading a while ago that indeed jeri (that woman) designed a new chip that was a monster sid; its not just a name for multiple sids inside the machine. I looked at the schematics of this about a year ago and i seem to remember the 'sid' that she designed being  incorporated into the same ICs that control joystick input.

She's also the person who designed the c64-direct-to-tv joystick gadget thing, which had all of the c64 recreated on one single IC. (it was even possible to hack the thing and add a keyboard, joystick, and disk drive to it) The reviews i read of that said that she 'faithfully' recreated the 6851 for this toy, although i don't know how connossierre the reviewers were in sid-dom. :)