MIDIbox Glory!

Slorrin

I finished the PSU circuit, and soldered the LCD to a cinch connected ribbon cable.. turned it all on, and connected to mios studio.. and uploaded the latest MIOS.. waited.. and on my LCD i get "Mios 1.9d © T Klose" 

then "Bootstrap Loader Updated"

then i opload Sid 1.7.. and wait, and then "Channel 1 ---1 " etc..

OOH MAN!  tomorrow i will build the sid module, then finally, ultimately, connect them!!!

i want to hear the first stupid sounds from my totally unmodified main patch!

then i have to build control surface A... DIN module awaits..

then.. who knows!!  step B probably.. this is all exciting

hi

I know this feelings. 3 weeks ago I hear first time sound from my first SID. WOW!!!

This is better than many expensive comercial synth virtual-analog style.

Now I have 7 sid chips and no control surface - but I know - I will definitly finish this box.

• 2 weeks later...

I was been on MusiceMesse 2007 yesterday.

I was missing to my wife :D ;), dother  :) and SID of course!

Really I`m in love to SID sound. Ok there is a lot of many good synthesizers, but

SID is my favourite now. Thank you Thorsten for it!

;D

I still remember one cewl thing: It was the first time I played my SIDx4 with CS (Step C). It was a all-finished and then test it project. Luckily it really worked. And that was it:

I turned on the SID, connected it to my MIDI-interface (parallel to my Virus B) and played the first note. You know what? I checked the wiring, ´cause I thought I accidentally played the Virus for sure. I checked and checked and then 2 mins after that *REALIZED* it WAS the SID!!! My mouth shut wide open I played the Virus to go sure and then went back to the SID. *Ooooouuuweeeee*!!! That was sooooo cool! :)