Switch assemblies

chuck

I search and couldn't find this anywhere.

I also searched the internet for hour today and only got close.

What I'm looking for is a switch assembly, to control cursor movement.

With Left, Right, Up and down arrows and a Enter button in the center.

I'd like to mount it next to the LCD, so I can make selections off a menu on the LCD.

Has anyone seen such an assembly or am I going to have to make my own with five tactile switches?

Extra buttons would be ok.

Chuck,

If you're into breaking things, I've noticed lately that a lot of consumer DVD players have such an assembly on their front panels (usually tact switches behind them I guess). The ones I'm looking at here range in size from about 3/4" diameter, up to over an inch and a half, and look as if the cap part is just sitting in a simple round hole in the panel. They're mostly 4-way, but I do see a Sony here with that center button you describe (a DVP-NS300).

Once the cheap loader assembly starts screwing up in most of those things, they're worth about as much as that switch. The earlier players that refuse to play anything are worth that much from the start. 8)

George

• 3 weeks later...

If you go to the top right corner of the page and hit the England flag it will be in English.

But shipping to the states is rather high.  I bought two with a bunch of key caps.

Plus the Euro rate suck right now.

I think I paid around 114 euros...  Thats $154.  $60 was shipping.

Well the DVD player ones I mentioned are probably nowhere near that nice underneath, but they are undeniably cheap if you look around. :)

Here's a couple that were here:

Arrows.jpg

That's a Daewoo on the left, and a Sony on the right. There was a KLH laying around that had a cool one too, but I just took it somewhere.

George