my first VST synth: finished now

moxi

hi,

save your patch as "fxb" file in cubase (b mean bank) or "fxp" for individual preset. Maybe a bank is better, so I give to the bank your name/nickname..

you can mail the patch at:

soundandbreakfast_at_yahoo.fr

great thanks :)

Sorry this is OT but I have to mention it here; I first discovered the MIDIbox because of synthedit. In 2002-2003 I was well into building plug-ins with synth edit and I needed a controller for them. After some searching the synthedit fourms I found ucapps......and here I am after all these years, and I haven't made a VST plug since  ???

If my music PC was working at the moment I'd test your Plug, but the PSU is dead  >:(

Can you add PWM

it's what do the knob "pulse" in the osc section, no?. you just have to select the pulse waveform before.It's something I do not know well so let me know if this function don't work as on other synth (?)..I will check how that work on TK SID and make some research about that to see if it's possible to do it better..

updated: now UltimAtom-X get nice wood side, so let say it sound more Analog  ;D ;D ;D ;D

it's a joke, but the V1.2 will come with a nice feature: a VCO drift : I will add a realy slow LFO with its rate slowly modulated by another LFO, which will modulate in a really fine amount the "fine pitch" of the 3 oscs separatly...so Ultimatum-X VCOs will drift as know from true analog one !

And I will add a switch to bypass the realy bad sounding filter, so you can use better one in serie after the synth...Filter are too important...

hi,

after playing with it, i've noticed that the Fm doesn't work as expected, so I've made some change and added two EG for the FM...it's now possible to do FM travelling pads that sound nice...

the vco drift function make it too processor consuming, so I forget it..

I've added some preset, I will post a full bank as soon as possible...sorry for the crappy first version...as I use, I can't afford to do too fast !

For the PWM, synth edit does support it, but I will try in two week to find a way to do it with other atoms..

Hi Moxi,

Quite some time ago, I found the following about drifting parameters: http://www.musicdsp.org/archive.php?classid=1#183.

I always wanted to try it on some audio effects but never did in the end :(

It does not look too complex except for the random function but I believe a pseudo-random can be realized in a more or less efficient way if needed. Anyway, as the guy says that drifting code is being executed on a long term cycle so in the end the CPU consumption should be pretty low I suppose.

Best regards,

Lall