Return of the MBHP USB Question (SOLVED)

napierzaza

Okay. So now I have a M-Audio UNO, and Core programmed with MIOS 1.9d and I'm trying to setup my 24lc64 eeprom with the MBHP USB software.

So here's what I tried:

It says load it with a non-bankstick program to upload the software, so I upload MIDIo128 because there is no reference to Bankstick on that page. It loads up fine to the PIC. After that I connect the eeprom as if it's a bankstick (j4).

I then have to rename the .syx file to .hex because the instructions say to load that file via the hex upload. I do this and upload the file. MIOS says everything is fine (though it gives no error when nothing is attached anyway).

The USB module still can't be detected as a MIDI interface in either MAC OS X or Windows.

I also used Serge's Sys loader and it also basically failed (no errors but neither Mac nor PC detects).

Are there any details I'm missing this? Are there alternative ways to program the eeprom using MIDI/MIOS Studio?

Can I program the eeprom by connecting the USB module using J11? The (brief) directions say connecting as a bankstick but I thought that I might be able to use J11 but I'm not sure on the setup or if it would work any better/at all.

Hi,

renaming a .syx file to .hex won't work, the content is totally different (binary vs. ASCII format)

You could try the upload via MIDI-Ox, see http://www.ucapps.de/howto_tools_hex2syx.html

(the MIDI-Ox part, not the hex->syx conversion part)

Can I program the eeprom by connecting the USB module using J11? The (brief) directions say connecting as a bankstick but I thought that I might be able to use J11 but I'm not sure on the setup or if it would work any better/at all.

this won't work

Best Regards, Thorsten.

At the time I wrote this document, uploading an application via .syx was very common, and MIOS Studio, especially a direct .hex upload, was not available...

When reading documents, please always have a look to the file date

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 3 weeks later...