MIDIbox of the Week (MIDIbox SEQ of cd_cd)

cd_cd

SO! FERTSCH!!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

1001 Dank erstmal an TK, der sich doch einiges an Zeit genommen hat um mich bis zu Ende zu supporten. Nachdem ich ja maximal handwerklich so etwas aufbauen kann wäre dieses wunderbare Kistchen möglicherweise ohne Deine Hilfe eine MB-Leiche geworden. Die zwei buggy Encoder funktionieren jetzt auch. Das waren schlechte Lötstellen wegen schlechter Bohrungen auf der Platine. Die Drehrichtung stimmt nun auch  ;) ...

Die richtigen Potiknöpfe sind jetzt auch noch dran und die Beschriftung folgt in den nächsten Tagen. Noch ein paar Tage wieder mal das Haus (und damit auch das Studio) umbauen, aber dann gehts an die MUSIK!!!! Oh wie ich mich drauf freue.  8)

Jetzt aber noch ein paar Impressionen ohne Schutzfolie:

seq_fin01.jpg

seq_fin02.jpg

seq_fin03.jpg

Und hier kommt die ML-303 hin

seq_fin04.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Nice packaging... While I was waiting pics to load I thought... why you didn`t integrate some sSID in it since it looks there are enough space above the SEQ, and then I saw ML... beautifull ML. This things never gone into production right? How did you get it?

Nice packaging... While I was waiting pics to load I thought... why you didn`t integrate some sSID in it since it looks there are enough space above the SEQ,

There is no space there – it is packed with the PCBs inside

more Pictures of the inside are here: http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php?topic=8832.0

This things never gone into production right? How did you get it?

DIY – (right place, right time – this project is discontinued ...)

...really no space.

DIY – (right place, right time – this project is discontinued ...)

yeah... x0xb0x followed, but dont looks so cool as ML. ML came closest to TB of all 303 emulations - physically.

...really no space.

yeah... x0xb0x followed, but dont looks so cool as ML. ML came closest to TB of all 303 emulations - physically.

I have 2 ML one v5 and one v6. If Matze starts a new project i will inform you to join ;)

I have 2 ML one v5 and one v6. If Matze starts a new project i will inform you to join

So you have 3 MLs and some of us none... life is just not fair.  :'(

Anyway, why is ML discontinued? I see x0xb0x uses some rare parts which I thought is only result to discontinue. cd_cd sorry for offtopic. 

I have 2 ML one v5 and one v6. If Matze starts a new project i will inform you to join ;)

I think that will take a while – I don't know what he is currently doing but I can not really imagine that he really wants to start a new project like the ML and I am shure that there will not be a ML V7.

So you have 3 MLs and some of us none... life is just not fair.  :'(

Anyway, why is ML discontinued? I see x0xb0x uses some rare parts which I thought is only result to discontinue. cd_cd sorry for offtopic. 

Hehe, I built 6 MLs (to be really unfair – and I still own 3 of them)  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The ML was discontinued because of too much hassle and too many people giving matzze a hart time. The rare parts are not the problem. There are always possibilities to get them. And the really rare ones (2SK30A-o, BA662) can all be substituted (SK118, BA6110). Some people say you can hear the difference, but I'm shure you don't.

Sorry for you, there will be no more MLs, but the analog-board of the xOxOx-Box is exactly the same. As far as I know Ladyada and Matzzze where in contact about the details of the schematic.