Does my interface filter sysex messages?

And has anyone ever heard of an interface that does?

I tried uploading MIOS back into my interface (lexicon Omega) using the loopback trick. I sent the .hex file manually, to force it. Now I opened up the IN and OUT midi monitors. I saw the hex file being transmitted, but did not see it being recieved. So does my unit filter sysex messages? Have you ever even heard of such a thing?

And I also have an M-audio oxygen 8 keyboard controller that has a USB with midi out. No midi in. could I use this to transmit and upload MIOS?

I wouldn't think it would be a good idea for anything to do that on it's own. If there's no fancy control panel/patchbay for the MIDI part of the interface, I would guess it lets everything go.

Don't know on the Oxygen either, but if the port shows as a standard MIDI out available to your DAW software,etc., I would guess that should work as a one way dump.

Sorry that's not much help. :-\

I saw the hex file being transmitted, but did not see it being recieved.

Do you mean by this, that you had a MIDI LED flashing on your interface? If this is the case, I would strongly suggest you triple-check your MIDI I/O connections at the core. These connections are equally easy to get wrong, as right.  :P

If you mean you had acknowledgement from the host program that it was sending, check the above, but also check your interface settings.