help! charity buttons request

cimo

hi

so i decided to build my own backlit buttons, set off to copenhagen and went to the ONE and ONLY electronic shop in town, i got leds, pcbs etc but, big surprise no PCB mounts switches..

so i am asking for somebody here in the forum to send me a few units, possibly the 12X12 mm but also the small ones are ok just for experiments.. i really don t have anything to salvage here around.

Of course i am up for paying back material and shipping.

Yo that s it, i do hope somebody can help me i need something like this:

@ conrad.de

Article No.: 705209 -  I5

Article No.: 700410 -  I5

txxx

simone

Simone,

If you want this piece of s***, you can have it-

timebuttons.jpg

I've been meaning to desolder it and build another, but I probably have enough buttons to build another without it. There's four DIN chips buried in there somewhere. ;D My problems with it are 1) The DIN wiring is mangled. I think it goes (top to bottom) 8to5,1to4,16to13,etc. (or something equally weird) and 2) I'd probably be better off with DIN/DOUT elements paired up and less buttons for tinkering (I usually only need a few)

You'd obviously need to get the things off 8) and there are traces on both sides (a desolder braid job).

George

do those caps have a led or are they led ready somehow?

... they have a slot (this grey part around the red dot), where you can place a LED on the PCB underneath it.

They have a removable transparent cap for labeling the button. If you want only a dot lighting (like on the picture), you have to cover the slot with your label and just punch a hole where the LED is placed. I prefer having the whole slot lighting.

Greets, Roger

BTW: How many do you need? If you need 100 pieces, I can't help you and we do not need to spend time discussing this  ;)

• 2 weeks later...