Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TK.

MIDIbox MF: first beta

5 posts in this topic

...can be found here: http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp_mf.html

Worst part is the documentation yet, but I will try to improve it in the next days. :)

Here an impression: I switched back and fourth through 8 banks and recorded the sound of the faders. "Unfortunately" the faders are very quiet, so I had to amplify the mic so much, that a disturbing 50 Hz buzz was hearable :-/

mbmf_bankswitching.jpg

Result: the bankswitching takes about 0.2 ms :D

http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_mf/mbmf_sound_of_faders.mp3

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Looks good!

But when reading the information on the ucapps site it states I need an AINX4 for the MF module to work I thought the analoge inputs of the faders were connected directly to the inputs of the Core?  ???

It's a DINX4 (fixed). The digital inputs are for the menu keys, the special-function-buttons, MIDI triggers and later for the touch sensors.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Pardon my 'new-to-MIDI' ignorance but, will the MIDIbox-MF actually read data back from a PC and move faders in a corresponding manner?  For example, using a MIDIbox64 to control a DAW, will the MF mod read the values back from the DAW's controls and move the faders in kind?

YUP!

You can set your software to record the movements you make to the levels then when you play back the track the motorfaders move magical like! ;)

As found on expensive motorised desks.