mixing scan matrix AND 4 classic DIN buttons (solved)

julienvoirin

Hello all

I ve made a scan matrix on a PCB. It uses sm_example application and it goes well.

But i ve added 4 buttons on a second DIN shift register and 8 leds on a second DOUT. The DINx2 and DOUTx2 are connected to J9/J8.

Is it possible to drive all this using ports J8 and J9 or do I have to move to other port ?

according to TK :

I created an assembly based example which demonstrates, how to scan a matrix (-> sm_example2_v1.zip, see MIOS download page). The latency is about 80 uS for 64 buttons. The code for velocity detection needs to be added.

If additional switches and encoders should be used in parallel, it would be required to connect the DIN/DOUT chain to seperate pins (thats possible, the pins are defined in sm_fast.inc) - I would propose J6 and J7, since these ports are designed for such purposes

http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php?topic=6386.0

And some help for the code would be appreciated, i wanted to use switch and case commands but i think i also need to configure sm.asm for the port and definition of SRIO.

Bestregards

• 2 weeks later...