The Greatest LC Mixer

sunebeermann

Hey All

I am about to build the best mixer. The ucapps very own LC.

But i do have a few questions.

I would really like to know if it is possible to control the EQ from the hardware. By making a 5 Band EQ with rotary encoders. I would like to make this mixer as true to a real audio mixer as possible do to the way you handle it.

I have been working for a "converter" that will make it possible to use the t6963c graphic display ( I have like 200+ of these display ) so i am really working hard on this but i need time, i just finish my school. The studies was electronic technician. anyway.

I need to know how many Core board can be linked?

The plan is to make a 24 channel studio / Recording mixer. I plan on using a 240 X 64 display on every 4. channel. And a MASTER display 240 x 128 with touch. The touch display is easy, because it would work standalone, and will simulate buttons and rotary encoders for the midibox.

It may be a bit confusing what i mean but i will try to draw a sketch of my idea.

Sune 

Hi and welcome.

If I can give you good advice:

Please use the "search" button and all of your questions are answered ....

To do it again:

I would really like to know if it is possible to control the EQ from the hardware. By making a 5 Band EQ with rotary encoders.

The LC itself can control the eq by pressing the button EQ. You the can control the EQ of the selected channel with the V-Pots.

Adding 5 encoders for controlling EQ: No way under the LC !

I would like to make this mixer as true to a real audio mixer as possible do to the way you handle it

Fine!

But (also): Not with the LC.

Please read a bit more about the different MIDIboxes:

The MIDIbox LC is a Logic/Mackie Controller which can do nothing more or less than a logic/mackie Controller.

The LC only sends / receives controlling messages to / from your host application.

I have been working for a "converter" that will make it possible to use the t6963c graphic display ( I have like 200+ of these display ) so i am really working hard on this but i need time

That is something "useful" you can do. There are some graphical displays supported by the LC. Find the "nearest" to your type and use this source for your driver.

I hope, your display is fast enough for the LC.

need to know how many Core board can be linked?

None (under the LC)

Every Core (8 channel) needs a dedicated midi-port. No link possible.

The plan is to make a 24 channel studio / Recording mixer

Fine.

You'll need 3 Cores then.

Please read a bit more to find out what else you'll need.

I plan on using a 240 X 64 display on every 4. channel. And a MASTER display 240 x 128 with touch. The touch display is easy, because it would work standalone, and will simulate buttons and rotary encoders for the midibox.

2 Displays per Core, if I get it right. But your master display will need a extra controller, I think.

Please keep in mind, that channel strip Information is a string completely send by your host. You only can edit the spacing between the channels, but not the content.

Good luck!

greets

Doc