panel layout for sid control step one?

Guest opiumx

Guest opiumx

Anyone made a front panel layout for the first step of the sid control? for a 40x2 LCD or a 20x2 lcd.. Im not very good with that app it seems.

I would not make a frontpanel. The SID will definitely grow bigger. This tiny control is just one of much more steps.

I would just build it, bound the LCD to it (like TK made it)and wait until the whole SID control comes out. Then you can get more than enough layouts.

Btw.: the panel for the SID control surface I made some weeks ago has to be overworked, as the LCD/6-buttons/rotary encoder section at the upper left corner doesn't fit with the components I plan to use. The LCD is bigger than expected so that the buttons have to be placed farther apart from the display. Thats a principle problem - if you don't use the same components like me, you need a different panel layout.

However, if you plan to make only a minimal control surface, I would recomment a 40x2 LCD with 11 buttons and rotary encoder. If this is too expensive for you, just take the 20x2 LCD

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Guest opiumx

Do you guys need them that bad? I could sell a few at $7 usd and Ill have to check on shipping costs. (I dont overcharge, I will charge exact rates)

That´s a very nice offer! :o

I´d really like to take you up on that offer, if you are sure that you can spare one. (it would look very nice on my Sid)

The price of 7 usd seems like a very good offer, but I want you to make sure that you don´t end up loosing money just to help out. That would be bad. :-/

btw:

So far the nearest place to get them is Reichelt unfortunatly you have to buy for at least 50 Euro just to get them to sell to people in other countries.

js

Guest opiumx

Ill be making $2 off you. Hehe. Anyway, in about 2.5 weeks I will be offering for a limited time, core module kits with everything except the midi sockets and pic chip and power supply, but including the PCB (professionally made , double sided and all) For around $13 or less. I am waiting for all of the parts to arrive. I will only be doing 100 of these, and I already have 10 sold, and 10 or so will go to me :) . I keep finding better prices on parts, so I dont know how much cheaper it will be. Anyway, I will have LCDs availible as well.

That sounds great!! For me it´s the LCD that´s the hardest to get my hands on. But the Core kit sound interesting too. I made a minimal core on a vector board, and left out most of the connectors that I didn´t need for the sid. But im getting kind of hocked on making these toys so i´ll probaly need another core soon. ;)

Pleace let me know when you are ready to sell a LCD, and how we sould make the deal. I think that money in a letter to you is the most easy way to do it.

js

Guest opiumx

I dont know what shipping would be, but I would only ship it airmail (ground can take well over a month) but it seems the price would be a bit high, $7 or so, but it might be less. I more than likely will not recomend people outside of the US to buy the kits due to the cost of shipping. Alltho, I will not sell the pcbs outside the US  becuase thats mikes teritory, kits would be ok untill the kits are availible there again. Also smash tv is going to sell pcbs and whatever. I am only doing this becuase I am buying stuff in bulk. I am not sure whether or not I will sell other kits, I did some calculations for AIN and DOUT kits and so on, and they were lookin pretty cheap, around $6 or so that I could sell them for. There is no telling what is ahead, I may go midibox crazy and keep half of the kits :)

Guest opiumx

Oh and I forgot payments, I will accept paypal, money orders and if you absolutly must, cash. I wont accept goats. Check my ebay feedback , username opiumx-thomas